24 October 2009

four

1. "...wake up this morning.
Purple sky slowly turning golden,
distant elms so orange you'd swear they're burning."
cowboy junkies

2.Mindful-Mary Oliver

Every day
I see or hear
something
that more or less

kills me
with delight,
that leaves me
like a needle

in the haystack
of light.
It was what I was born for -
to look, to listen,

to lose myself
inside this soft world -
to instruct myself
over and over

in joy,
and acclamation.
Nor am I talking
about the exceptional,

the fearful, the dreadful,
the very extravagant -
but of the ordinary,
the common, the very drab,

the daily presentations.
Oh, good scholar,
I say to myself,
how can you help

but grow wise
with such teachings
as these -
the untrimmable light

of the world,
the ocean's shine,
the prayers that are made
out of grass?

3. i have loved you wrong--the swell season

4. dew, by dassler

8 Comments:

Anonymous Neil E. Das said...

Thanks for the shout out, Angela. Last night I had to write out a artist statement for an upcoming show. I might as well saved myself the trouble and just used the words of "Mindful" by Mary Oliver. Lovely. At least that is what I try to do with my work.

6:30 PM  
Blogger angela said...

your art helps me to look and listen. it kills me with delight. thanks for sharing it!!

11:05 PM  
Blogger april said...

Really love that poem...

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh boy. i really needed this.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ange! look what i found! i'm gonna share it with neil as well... http://readwritepoem.org/about/about-the-project/

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But if I never saw you again....I'd die right next to you in the end

2:24 PM  
Anonymous buy rift account said...

Great photo. . =) i super love your poem. .

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home