24 October 2009

four

1. "...wake up this morning.
Purple sky slowly turning golden,
distant elms so orange you'd swear they're burning."
cowboy junkies

2.Mindful-Mary Oliver

Every day
I see or hear
something
that more or less

kills me
with delight,
that leaves me
like a needle

in the haystack
of light.
It was what I was born for -
to look, to listen,

to lose myself
inside this soft world -
to instruct myself
over and over

in joy,
and acclamation.
Nor am I talking
about the exceptional,

the fearful, the dreadful,
the very extravagant -
but of the ordinary,
the common, the very drab,

the daily presentations.
Oh, good scholar,
I say to myself,
how can you help

but grow wise
with such teachings
as these -
the untrimmable light

of the world,
the ocean's shine,
the prayers that are made
out of grass?

3. i have loved you wrong--the swell season

4. dew, by dassler

10 Comments:

Anonymous Neil E. Das said...

Thanks for the shout out, Angela. Last night I had to write out a artist statement for an upcoming show. I might as well saved myself the trouble and just used the words of "Mindful" by Mary Oliver. Lovely. At least that is what I try to do with my work.

6:30 PM  
Blogger angela said...

your art helps me to look and listen. it kills me with delight. thanks for sharing it!!

11:05 PM  
Blogger April said...

Really love that poem...

6:53 AM  
OpenID okigetit said...

oh boy. i really needed this.

3:05 PM  
OpenID okigetit said...

hey ange! look what i found! i'm gonna share it with neil as well... http://readwritepoem.org/about/about-the-project/

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But if I never saw you again....I'd die right next to you in the end

2:24 PM  
Anonymous buy rift account said...

Great photo. . =) i super love your poem. .

12:14 AM  
Blogger Anthony said...

sac a main chanel
tee shirts
bottes
sac5.com
sac louis vuitton
sac prada
chaussures5.com
chaussures louis vuitton
chaussures dunk sb
tee shirts.com
burberry pas cher
Tee shirts pas cher
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml
sitemapproducts.xml

10:00 PM  
Blogger  said...

burberry tasche
chanel tasche
chloe tasche
gucci tasche
sac dolce gabbana
sac fendi
sac gucci
porte cles chanel
bracelet louis vuitton
tee shirts g star
tee shirts lacoste
tee shirts levis
sac guess
chaussures nike
chaussures puma
sac a main
tee shirts
juicy couture tasche
louis vuitton tasche>
versace tasche
juicy couture bolsas
louis vuitton bolsas
sac louis vuitton>
sac prada
sac versace

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home