28 April 2008

The Show




The concert was awesome!! Thanks so much, those of you who came, and those who sent prayers from afar. I think it is probably the first of hopefully many more. Lots of prayers and lots of God's goodness and mercy went into the night, and John did an amazing job as the event manager! For my part, I was proud of myself for not throwing up!! It was emotionally intense for me--lots of expectations and hopes for the evening.



If you'd like to see more videos of the show, go here. Pretty cool. John is awesome!

Neil's photos of the show (all the ones here) and of the folks who came were great. My dad did sound, mom was there being supportive and supplying cash boxes. Joanna came early just to help set up and lend a hand. It is a gift to have such talented and generous friends and family.



I think the night--the beautiful music, the friendship, the cause--were reflective of the Kingdom. Restoration of shalom--the rebuilding, the planting of gardens, the rescue of the oppressed, freedom from slavery, freedom to love and obedience.

Psalm 72:2-4

"He will judge your people in righteousness,
your afflicted ones with justice.
The mountains will bring prosperity to the people,
the hills the fruit of righteousness.
He will defend the afflicted among the people
and save the children of the needy;
he will crush the oppressor."

4 Comments:

Blogger ButterPeanut said...

ohhh, cute boys in cardigans with guitars who love jesus! these are a few of my favorite things.

but also, great job! I liked the video and also your hair rules.

Also, your dad looks a lot like mine, with the short hair and the beard, and the big tshirt, and the reading glasses. Do little kids mistake him for Santa Claus too? Hurray for nice dads.

1:21 AM  
Blogger angela said...

ha ha! yes, my dad is frequently mistaken for santa.

and, it is not me playing with the cardigan clad boys. i wish i had those kinds of legitimate talents. maybe someday my prayers to be a rock star will be answered.

8:41 AM  
Blogger april said...

so glad it went well! what john wrote was interesting and seems like the constant tension we live in: 2 contrasting things in one sitting, hoping for 1 to effect the other. thanks for helping do that angela!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was a success! Any idea how much was raised?
Heidi V.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home