27 June 2006

various non-sequiturs












Chihuly & Chi-harlie? Glass at the gardens is beautiful but somewhat expensive. I went with the fabulous L. It reminded us of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. I believe we said something like, "I'm just waiting for Augustus Gloop to appear and start eating these things."

Nacho Libre is worth seeing even though critics gave it a C+ rating. They must not have seen the "corn in the eye" part.

Cornerstone is in 7 days. I am offically old and will be spending most of my time listening to artists on the "Gallery" stage (foliker/ alternative/singer-songwriter music), as opposed to heaven death metal sweatiness of the Underground stage, or various Encore shows. I'll probably throw a few of those in the mix though, just to keep things interesting.

I can't keep up with everyone and their mother's various multiple xangas, myspaces, blogspots & stlouis blogs and still have a life apart from my laptop.

Yesterday was the most perfect weather God ever made.

My aunt Juli & uncle Robert are adopting a baby girl named Yan from China. I am so happy for them.

My rosemary plant died inexplicably.

I'm still slowly reading Gilead. The truth is, it's like a dessert--like dark chocolate with raspberries that you can't eat fast, but have to savor eversoslowly with coffee. I don't ever want to finish it, because of the fact that every other page I turn down the corner because the language is so striking and seamless and unexpected. The last book I didn't want to come to an end was The Brother's K.

If you took a can opener to my head, the inside would look like this. I can't seem to form articulate thoughts. I feel like I am fermenting.

When I get this antsy, I dive into six different books at the same time and listen to music. Some choice pics lately: Josh Garrels, Rosie Thomas, sigur ros, mark kozelek, don peris and
over the rhine


Reading:Bird By Bird; Six Theories of Justice; Cross Cultural Conflict

6 Comments:

Blogger Linz said...

Augustus Gloop will NOT be harmed,
Augustus Gloop will NOT be harmed...

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I got oficially old last year, because I was at the Gallery every night!
I'm so glad that all you guys are going this year, and I'm really looking forward to being old together. =)

6:09 PM  
Blogger angela said...

Go gallery fogies! Now we just need to rope Linz in...Over the Rhine is playing Thursday night...hmmmm...what do you say?
Heidi, the picture was from google. Maybe Vonnegut was a soup illustrator by night!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela - you need to check out the New Band Showcase, if only to listen to #15, Aimee Wilson. Aimee led worship at my church in Chattanooga and has some DELICIOUS music. My favourite song of hers is on the Cornerstone website by her bio or whatever - Timbers Fall. Peace.

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry about your rosemary plant. i have this amazing plant that can live for weeks without water. at least i think it's still alive.
nice choices on the music, especially over the rhine. i would love to hear them in concert.

8:00 PM  
Blogger angela said...

thanks heather, i'll check her out. i always love good music tips.

claire, you NEED to see them. they are even better in concert.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home