28 November 2006

thanksgiving

I just can't help it. This one's for you, Pops.

What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children?
If your father could see you now, he'd turn over in his gravy!

Thanksgiving was lovely! I am thankful for so many things. Here's a taste:

* God providing a wonderful place to live and a great roommate to dissect life & laugh with & mildly obsess about "the office" with
* breakfast with friends & hearing Esme say "water baby"& Lilley tell stories about going to the store and eating a red hot dog
* getting to go to the hospital & meet two brand new little boys this year!
* walks in the park with Linz
* fun, challenging, eye-opening, soul-feeding, perspecive changing travels: California, Nairobi & London, Chicago, New Orleans , Cornerstone, Michigan, Greenville, and Omaha ....yikes, I'm out of control...carpe diem!
* deepening old friendships and meeting new friends
* the incredible, amazing, always surprising me, bifocal-wearing, rock-listening, handyman & woman-ing, generous, nurturing, loving open-handedly kitchen gnomes.
* health of family & friends
* my house church--a ragamuffin life-line
*my "i can fix any dang thing, even your broken kitchen timer" brother, who is, for the record, both wiser and older; his yoda-like tendencies in knowing exactly when to call just to say, "hey dude, what's up?" (uses the force he does).
* God's goodness to these ones and these ones.
* broken-heartedness and healing
* Thanks and praise to the author and perfector of faith, my shelter, rock, redeemer, provider for his holiness, mercy, grace, compassion; This year he has been my helper, deliverer, hope, strength, counselor, teacher, shepherd, love, and Savior.

I think that's good for now. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankfulness is a beautiful thing. Lovely post. Nice banner. And, my you have been busy.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Courtney Patch said...

This IS a beautiful post. And love the new photograph at the top. I'm thankful for you as well. I don't know where I would be right now if you hadn't asked me to come. Love you!

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog...I can hear you through it.I miss you Ange! It was good to catch up a little at Heather's wedding. I hope we meet up again soon.

Love, Melissa

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home