04 October 2007

Because my blog is depressing Liz



From the Library...
I should be reading Thessalonians and studying a guide to psychological disorders, but I'm reading blogs and eating chocolate instead. It's Theological Libraries Month--Hip Hip Hooray!--which means we have colorful leaves hanging from the ceiling and candy on the circulation desk. And everyone is hyped up on sugar and a little bit happier.

There are predictions that fall colors will not come to St. Louis this year because it's been so blimmin hot. That's a sad thing. So I look longingly at stock photos of fall online and pretend that it's scarf and sweater weather, even though today's high will be close to 90.

I saw Over the Rhine last night and also a guy named Griffin House, who was quite good...sounding a bit like Ryan Adams with good songwriting. The concert was lovely, but left me feeling a little wistful and achey and distracted. But ah....what to do when these beautiful things work their way in.

My good friend April begins her two week stay with Word Made Flesh Romania today. I'm looking forward to seeing what God brings out of that time.

Check out SariBari's new website
. Beautiful! Way to go Sarah, and my way talented roomie for taking pictures on her recent trip to Calcutta.

5 Comments:

Blogger Aunty Belle said...

NO Autumn in St. Louis? Dern....just a hello..sorta stumbled in here and it is rather nice.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Linz said...

Someone told me that the rainfall in February is what dictates the colors...so that I what I'm putting my "HOPE" in.

Muahaha.

Sorry I missed OTR.

10:27 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

haha! i don't know how it took me so long to read this.... it is too hot here in michigan also, i went swimming in lake michigan today. crazy!

10:23 PM  
Blogger Courtney Patch said...

I hope Lindsey is right. But you know what "hope" is:)

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ange,
I saw a few leaves have turned in Forest Park! Hope ;)
Heidi V.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home