What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children?
If your father could see you now, he'd turn over in his gravy!
Thanksgiving was lovely! I am thankful for so many things. Here's a taste:
* God providing a wonderful place to live and a great roommate to dissect life & laugh with & mildly obsess about "the office" with
* breakfast with friends & hearing Esme say "water baby"& Lilley tell stories about going to the store and eating a red hot dog
* getting to go to the hospital & meet two brand new little boys this year!
* walks in the park with Linz
* fun, challenging, eye-opening, soul-feeding, perspecive changing travels: California, Nairobi & London, Chicago, New Orleans , Cornerstone, Michigan, Greenville, and Omaha ....yikes, I'm out of control...carpe diem!
* deepening old friendships and meeting new friends
* the incredible, amazing, always surprising me, bifocal-wearing, rock-listening, handyman & woman-ing, generous, nurturing, loving open-handedly kitchen gnomes.
* health of family & friends
* my house church--a ragamuffin life-line
*my "i can fix any dang thing, even your broken kitchen timer" brother, who is, for the record, both wiser and older; his yoda-like tendencies in knowing exactly when to call just to say, "hey dude, what's up?" (uses the force he does).
* God's goodness to these ones and these ones.
* broken-heartedness and healing
* Thanks and praise to the author and perfector of faith, my shelter, rock, redeemer, provider for his holiness, mercy, grace, compassion; This year he has been my helper, deliverer, hope, strength, counselor, teacher, shepherd, love, and Savior.
I think that's good for now. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.