22 July 2008

नेल्पाली?

Whoa. My computer just started typing in Nepali. Pretty cool, but I had to restart. I'm not sure what the title says, but I typed "Nepali?"....

The blog is boring me, and I'm tired of the self-humiliating last post. Although I really loved my meme-ees responses! Happy to have such endearingly strange friends. Happy that April is a coffee drinker now!! Hee hee. Happy that Heidi's friend is helping her to simplify.

Life has been quite busy with Kaldis and the new job at Covenant, catching up with people, skype talks, house sitting, getting ready for the school year. This fall I have a class on Old Testament History and Theology, which is exciting, and for which I am reading through the OT. I thought it best to start now rather than try to stuff that reading time into the semester. In the midst of work there are fun things too, like watching these with friends and sweating it out in our non-ac apartment.

Movie fun: There Will Be Blood, Lars and the Real Girl, Rocket Science, The Princess & the Warrior







Haven't had as much time as I'd like this summer, but there has been some reading fun too:
So Brave,Young and Handsome--Leif Enger
Clowning in Rome--Henri Nouwen
Things Fall Apart--Chinua Achebe

Up next:
What is the What?--Dave Eggers
Skeptic's guide to the AIDS crisis--Dale Hanson Bourke
Simple Spirituality--Chris Heuertz
Just Courage--Gary Haugen
Reason for God--Tim Keller
The Re-Entry Team--Caring for Your Returning Missionaries--Neal Pirolo

One of the perks of Kaldis is baking scones and cookies and getting to listen to music all morning. If you have any recommendations, send them my way. I tend to get in pretty major ruts (like my 16 year love relationship with Over the Rhine.) So, early morning listening fun:
Seven Swans--Sufjan Stevens
Postcards from Italy--Beirut
Enter the Worship Circle--4th Circle
Chair and Microphone, Vol 2.--Aaron Strumpel
Heartbreaker--Ryan Adams

5 Comments:

Blogger Claire said...

i've been listening to lots of clips on myspace music lately. here are some that i've enjoyed:

http://www.myspace.com/okkervilriver - recommendation from a friend

http://www.myspace.com/mollydecker - local gal who i heard at a coffee shop in DC

http://www.myspace.com/theduhks - quite possibly one of the best bands i've heard live. i think i blogged about them last year.

miss you my friend!! hope you're enjoying your summer.

4:30 PM  
Blogger April said...

it's kind of funny because i tagged you in this 'summer music' thing and you sort of already did it without needing to be tagged...
hope you are well, enjoying the rest of your summer. miss you!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Reforming Soccer Mom said...

patty stigers strongly recommended "what is the what" and I'm interested in reading something by leif enger...is it uplifting? I'm glad to see you are on skype...so I can hunt you down. I won some webcams on ebay today...one for the faraway grandpeople and one for me. Nell will be broadcasting soon.

12:32 PM  
Blogger lizzie k said...

it says nelpali... with an extra L in it... funny. i'll look into these movies, too... i should get on here more often.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Brent Anderson said...

Thanks for the recommendation for Lars and the Real Girl. I watched it yesterday and LOVED IT!!!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home